Merry Christmas! I hope every gets what they want (A NEW MOTORCYCLE). If you did not get a new motorcycle for Christmas then go out and get it yourself. But what would you buy, there is so much to choose from. For me walking through a dealership is like a kid in a candy shop! I love looking at the new bikes and gear. Although it can be pricey when you add up everything but it all looks so awesome and clean. Since all of my gear looks old and used haha. But gear that is used means that is has miles on it and it has stories behind it. So how do you decide on what you what to get? You could go to the dealership and look which is always fun. But how do you know what to really buy besides looking at it. Just like any product you can do some research and read reviews before you buy anything. Unless you are a dedicated die hard fan like Harley Davidson fans, who are very hardcore and most will buy nothing else. There are some people who are the same for other brands and there are some fans who will switch when new or different models premier. I do not judge anyone for what they ride, I only judge for they complain about. Such as Harley Davidson riders complain about Japanese model bikes and it just the same old garbage talk. For the most like myself, my friends and I give each other shit for what we ride and it is all in good fun! Because at the end of the day we ride and enjoy the time. So just get over it and enjoy the ride!
So after reading some articles and pouring over what is coming out I thought I would list what is considered good buys for 2017. There are many articles out there that give their reviews based off of test drives and prices. The price is good if the motorcycle is quality, type and size you want. For some size matters! Dirty people! So below is a list of bikes based off of the popular mechanics list of the 10 best buys in motorcycles for 2017 (http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/motorcycles/g2309/best-motorcycle-buys/).
1. 2017 Yamaha SCR 950 – Retro style bike with a classy look. It is not a huge motorcycle only being a 949cc engine but it is not small either. It has enough power to get you moving and big enough so you will not get made fun of completely.
a. Base price: $8,700
2. 2017 Suzuki Vanvan 200 – It is old bike that has been put away and Suzuki brought it back although it is just 199cc engine it does not have a lot of power and a small gas tank. Still a motorcycle but not one for long trips, the tank is only 1.7 gallons but the price is nice.
a. Base price: $4,600
3. 2017 Triumph Street Cup – Everyone knows Triumph and there quality of bikes. Usually it is the Bonneville that everyone is familiar with but they do have a nice line of bikes. The Street Cup is a modernize version of the Thruxton also cheaper. Since Triumph is associated with café race style bikes the Cup is along the same line and it looks beautiful.
a. Base price: $10,500
4. 2017 Honda CBR500 – Everyone knows CBR and usually they are filled with power. The 500 is smaller version and not as intimidating as the big ones. Honda was smart and a few years ago came out with 500 for riders who want a sport bike but are not ready for 1000’s which can be scary specially since if are just starting out. 471cc engine which smooth and the bike is comfortable.
a. Base price: $6,500
5. 2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro – It is light and compact type of bike. It only weighs 225lbs and it is cheap. It has a sporty look and if you like riding scooters this will be a small step up. I am sure it is good for running errands around town.
a. Base price: $3,000
6. 20167 Victory Octane – Victory motorcycles has made a name for itself. They sell quality bikes but not a cheap price. The Octane is affordable bike at 1200cc’s and it is a sporty looking machine with power.
a. Base price: $10,000
7. Ducati Super Sport – DUCATI is what people think of when they think of sport bikes. 973cc engine that screams power and yet is comfortable to ride. The rider can sit more upright when riding instead of hunched over so you can sustain longer rides.
a. Base price: $13,000
8. 2017 Motorcycle Guzzi V7 Stone II – That is a mouthful for a name. 750cc engine, 6 speed transmission with lowered seat and the engine moved forward which gives more room for the rider.
a. Base price: $9,000
9. 2017 Harley Davidson Road Glide – If you have never heard of Harley Davidson then you need to get out of your closet. The Road Glide is a beautiful bike with a 1753cc engine (107 cubic inch) that is full of American power built in Milwaukie. This is one of the cheapest models they have for its class.
a. Base price: $19,000
10. 2017 BMW G310R – Most people think BMW and think unaffordable. Well BMW made a change with a smaller motorcycle 313cc that weighs 350lbs. Although it does not look like a BMW but it has all the features such as ABS which most smaller bikes do not come with.
a. Estimate Price: $5,500
All wonderful bikes and I would ride any of them specially the Harley and Victory. I love my Yamaha though and I will continue to ride it. If I had a million dollars I would have an awesome motorcycle collection. Riding is one way to truly travel with no distractions since your hands are always busy control the machine. I hope everyone gets what they want and enjoy riding if the weather permits. Remember always keep the shiny side up!